Dr. Gong conducts basic and clinical research in the areas of dry eye disease, ocular angiogenesis, corneal innervation, inflammation. Dr. Gong is the principle investigator of five state funded research projects to develop ocular surface implants and explore new immunotherapy techniques.
1. Lan Gong, Xinghuai Sun, Zhizhong Ma, Qinmei Wang, Xun Xu, Xiaoming Chen, Yan Shao, Ke Yao, Luosheng Tang, Yangshun Gu, Huiping Yuan, Wei Han Chua, Jacob Cheng, Yen Chuan, Louis Tong. A randomised, parallel-group comparison study of diquafosol ophthalmic solution in patients with dry eye in China and Singapore. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2015 Jul;99(7):903-8
2. Li M, Gong L, Chapin WJ, Zhu M. Assessment of vision-related quality of life in dry eye patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Aug 17;53(9):5722-5727.
3. Lin T , Lu Y , Zhang X , Gong L , Wei C . Treatment of dry eye by intracanalicular injection of a thermosensitive chitosan-based hydrogel: evaluation of biosafety and availability. Biomater Sci. 2018;6(12):3160‐3169.
4. Lin T, Zhang X, Lu Y, Gong L. Identification of Circular RNA Related to Inflammation-Induced Lymphangiogenesis by Microarray Analysis. DNA Cell Biol. 2019;38(8):887‐894.
5. Zhang X, Yin Y, Yue L, Gong L. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors Aggravate Depression-Associated Dry Eye Via Activating the NF-κB Pathway. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2019;60(1):407‐419.
2021-2024: Mechanism of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors inhibiting the development of dry eye disease (82070924) granted by National Natural Science Fund, China
2017-2020: Mechanism of serotonin reuptake inhibitors and pathogenesis of dry eye disease (81670819) granted by National Natural Science Fund, China
2009-2011: Experimental study on the changes of tear protein components in rabbits by Acupuncture (30873287) granted by National Natural Science Fund, China
2018-2021: Clinical development of thermosensitive hydrogel ophthalmic implant system (18XD1424500) granted by Shanghai excellent technology leader program, Shanghai Municipal Health Commission, China
2018-2021: Development of individualized biological contact lens based on thermosensitive chitosan hydrogels (18441902500) granted by Shanghai Municipal Health Commission, China